Kayak Juan Venado Natural Reserve on a naturalist-led paddling tour that takes you into a lush mangrove forest to seek out alligators, native birds, orchids, and bromeliads. This kayak eco-tour lets you explore the fascinating ecosystem at a slower pace, learning about the plants and animals of Juan Venado Nature Reserve while learn why mangroves are the largest CO2 sinks worldwide. Few experiences are more magical than touring mangrove ecosystems.
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- What to bring?
This tour will introduce us into this nature lover’s paradise; great quantity of fauna species and a very especial flora characteristic of this endangered ecosystem, the mangrove forest. Enjoy a tailor-made Kayaking adventure to explore the variety of characteristics and become part of this amazing environment. Drifting slowly under the tropical shade of the Mangrove trees while observing wildlife.
- Do Kayak on a fantastic mangrove system and see great quantity of species.
- Take an amazing photos of the landscapes.
What You Can Expect?
- Sitting in a single or double kayak, where will introduce to the nature lovers a paradise of fascinating mangrove ecosystem.
- Have the opportunity to see great quantity of fauna species and a very especial flora characteristic of this ecosystem’s mangrove.
- This tour allow us to have better pictures of this critical endangered ecosystem.
No details found.
1. Pick up at your hotel in Leon
2. Introduction to the Natural ReserveReception at La Barca de Oro (Las Peñitas) and brief introduction about the Nature Reserve and tour logistics (20’)
3. Kayak TourGuided kayaking circular tour in the estuary of “Juan Venado Nature Reserve” (2h)
4. Get togetherLastly, celebrate with a delicious lunch in La Barca de Oro overlooking the fishing bay with a 15% discount before your private transportation drop you off in Leon.
- Private transportation
- Courtesy drink
- Bilingual qualified guide
- Natural Reserve entrance fee
- Light comfortable clothes
- close toe shoes or sandals
- light rain jacket
- Insect repellent
- Refillable water bottle
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
The trip will be on as long as we can ensure the safety of our guests. During raining season most of the rain will come in short and heavy showers which might delay the start of our trips. If we expect the rain to be long and heavy we will contact you and give you an alternative, which is often to start a few hours later or the day after. Please note that during rainy days it can be extremely nice, especially in the mangroves.
We are working with limited group size to make sure that all our guests are getting the same attention and are able to enjoy the trip to the maximum. If we have bigger groups we will appoint more guides for that particular trip. The current maximum is 12 persons.
The mangrove boat trip is the only trip which is suitable for everybody; the physical effort is reduced to a minimum and all ages are welcome on this trip. For kayak trips some physical effort is required but all trips are still suitable for everybody with a normal level of fitness.
Although we have many last minute options (especially outside the peak season) we recommend you to book one of our trips in advance if you only have limited options (or a certain day) to do the trip to avoid disappointment. If you have more days to do one of our trips there is no problem to book once you are in town and in that case you can reach us by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
There is no need to pay in advance, unless you are coming with a bigger group. Individual travellers (singles, couples and families) will be requested to pay the full amount on the day of the trip.
Unfortunately we do not have credit card facilities at this moment, so all payments have to be made in cash. Foreign currencies will be accepted (only notes and no coins) but please note that the exchange rate will be less good compared to licensed money changers and banks.